The Dataset contains and will contain the following:
• Updated text;
• National R2R website or associated links;
• Social media account names/handles – FB, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube etc;
• Newsletters ;
• Articles ;
• Resources – Concept/Technical Notes, Guides, Posters etc.
This law covers different sections as follows: Ban of Styrofoam, Single-use plastic shopping bags, plastic straws; removal of tin roofing fences along the main road; removal of abundant vehicles; importation of vehicles with 100k mileage, and so forth.
In 2018, the Federated State of Micronesia through the Department of Environment, Climate Change and Emergency Management (DECEM) with the support of the Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Program (SPREP) assisted in the formulation of the Federated States of Micronesia National Environment Management Strategy (NEMS) 2019–2023.
The FSM NEMS was developed based on data and information in the FSM State of Environment report, formed
as a prerequisite of the NEMS.
The KSDP is a four-year, high-level, document that articulates Kosrae government priorities and development sector vision along with specific targets for focusing workforce efforts and allocating resources. The aims of the KSDP include the following:
• Provide government and sector officials and leaders with long-term guidance for decision-making
• Communicate a prioritized plan to sector stakeholders for addressing a wide range of activities
• Provide a means for communicating government and sector priorities to Kosraean residents
This is the Vegetation Survey of Yap Main Island from 1986
This dataset contains 2 documents; 1) FSM SWARS 2010-2015+, and 2) FSM FAP 2020-2030. Both documents identify FSM's highest priorities for forest resource management and outlines activities for implementation as established by the National and State governments, resource management entities and other stakeholders. The plan includes a comprehensive analysis of progress to date and a needs assessment for the period of the plan. It was developed by the FSM and state partners with funding from the US Department of Agriculture Forest Services (USFS) for each respective reporting period.
Waste audit data for FSM under the **PacWaste Project** implemented by SPREP.
Data compiled by Tonkin and Taylor
The population was compiled from available census reports and validated using other available datasets. For each country, population counts from the finest resolution was trended to 2010 using a country-specific annual growth rate assumptions. Underlying vector geometry comes from regional sources, primarily SPC.
Primary Data Source(s): PopGIS, Federated States of Micronesia Division of Statistics
Secondary Data Source(s): None
Geographical Resolutions Available (with count):
1. State (4)
2. Municipality (421)
3. Electoral District (373)
Slides from the FSM Inform workshop, introducing the Inform project objectives and the software tools being proposed.
User manuals and quick start guides for using the FSM Inform Environment data portal.
As part of the preparation of the Pacific Region Environmental Strategy (PRES) the Asian Development Bank (ADB) has funded a field study in Yap State. The objectives of the study are to evaluate:
1) how traditional systems have played a role in natural resource management and in development
2) how traditional systems could be productively integrated with contemporary approaches to resource management
3) how public-private partnerships have been employed in the development of tourism destinations in a Pacific island nation and could be employed in future development.
This dataset contains the FSM ‘Nationwide Climate Change Policy 2009’, which was endorsed on December 1st, 2009, and the FSM ‘Nation Wide Integrated Disaster Risk Management and Climate Change Policy 2013’, which was endorsed on June 2013. The Integrated 2013 Policy supersedes the 2009 Climate Change Policy.