Food security is at the core of sustainable development in the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM).
This document is intended for decision-makers across the Pacific with an interest in community-based resource
management and securing food resources against the impacts of climate change.
This dataset contains the following Action Plans:
1. FSM National and States Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (NBSAP 2002),
2. FSM National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (FSM NBSAP 2018-2023)
3. Pohnpei Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (Pohnpei BSAP 2018)
4. Kosrae Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (Kosrae BSAP 2018)
5. Chuuk Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (Chuuk BSAP 2018)
6. Yap Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (Yap BSAP 2018)
This is a preliminary report by the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) to the Committee on the Review of the Implementation of the Convention (CRIC) for the Convention to Combat Desertification (CCD). This preliminary report is based on the FSM State of the Environment Report, the FSM Nationwide Environmental Management
Strategies (NEMS) (SPREP 1993), the Proceedings of the Second FSM Economic Summit (1999), the proceedings of the Coastal Fisheries Consortium (FSM 2000), the National Planning Framework (2002) and primarily on the National Report to the Biodiversity Convention.
The FSM SoE Report reveals the current state of knowledge about the environment in FSM along the following thematic areas: atmosphere and climate, water, land, marine, biodiversity, built environment, and culture and heritage.
This data set is a digital soil survey and generally is the most detailed level of soil geographic data developed by the National Cooperative Soil Survey.
The dataset is included the Digital Atlas of Micronesia, module Pohnpei, by Island Research & Education Initiative (iREi), in collaboration with Water and Environmental Research Institute of the Western Pacific (WERI) University of Guam and partial funding from United States Geological Survey (USGS), under WRRI 104-B Program, project # 2016GU302B.
This dataset includes and will contain the following:
* Updated text;
* FSM R2R Dataset link, Facebook link or associated links;
* Social media account names/handles â€“ FB, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube etc;
* Newsletters ;
* Press releases;
* Terms of References (ToRs)
* Resources, Concept/Technical Notes, Guides, Posters etc.
The Dataset contains and will contain the following:
• Updated text;
• National R2R website or associated links;
• Social media account names/handles – FB, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube etc;
• Newsletters ;
• Articles ;
• Resources – Concept/Technical Notes, Guides, Posters etc.
Maps of AF project sites on Nukuoro and Kapingamarangi islands
This is the Pacific Studies Series for CLIMATE PROOFING - A Risk-based Approach to Adaptation Report by Asian Development Bank, published 2005
In 2018, the Federated State of Micronesia through the Department of Environment, Climate Change and Emergency Management (DECEM) with the support of the Secretariat of the Pacific Regional Environment Program (SPREP) assisted in the formulation of the Federated States of Micronesia National Environment Management Strategy (NEMS) 2019–2023.
The FSM NEMS was developed based on data and information in the FSM State of Environment report, formed
as a prerequisite of the NEMS.
The KSDP is a four-year, high-level, document that articulates Kosrae government priorities and development sector vision along with specific targets for focusing workforce efforts and allocating resources. The aims of the KSDP include the following:
• Provide government and sector officials and leaders with long-term guidance for decision-making
• Communicate a prioritized plan to sector stakeholders for addressing a wide range of activities
• Provide a means for communicating government and sector priorities to Kosraean residents
This is the Vegetation Survey of Yap Main Island from 1986