This dataset contains the following Action Plans:
1. FSM National and States Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (NBSAP 2002),
2. FSM National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (FSM NBSAP 2018-2023)
3. Pohnpei Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (Pohnpei BSAP 2018)
4. Kosrae Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (Kosrae BSAP 2018)
5. Chuuk Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (Chuuk BSAP 2018)
6. Yap Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (Yap BSAP 2018)
Invasive Species Taskforce of Pohnpei (iSTOP) strives to enhance and preserve the natural biodiversity of Pohnpei State through collaborative efforts at all levels of our society while cooperating with neighboring states and countries to identify, prevent, and eradicate or manage/control invasive species.
Coconut for Life (C4L) is an initiative by FSM Vital Energy (Vital), supported by Micronesia Conservation Trust (MCT) to rehabilitate the copra industry to support Vital and MCT's commitment to improve the livelihoods of the people of Micronesia. The project enhances the capacity for the buying, selling, exporting, manufacturing, processing, and distribution of copra and other products from coconut trees in the FSM. New community-based revenue streams are created for the people as opportunities become available for farmers to market coconuts.
This dataset contains the gap analysis & spatial prioritization reports for the 4 States of the FSM, which includes:
1) Pohnpei State's Protected Area Network,
2) Chuuk State's Protected Area Network,
3) Yap State's Protected Area Network, and
4) Kosrae State's Protected Area Network.
The reports also include spatial prioritization analyses to identify priority areas to expand the existing network to fill representation gaps for each of the states.