This dataset contains the following Action Plans:
1. FSM National and States Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (NBSAP 2002),
2. FSM National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (FSM NBSAP 2018-2023)
3. Pohnpei Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (Pohnpei BSAP 2018)
4. Kosrae Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (Kosrae BSAP 2018)
5. Chuuk Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (Chuuk BSAP 2018)
6. Yap Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (Yap BSAP 2018)
This IDP comes in six Volumes:
1. FSM Infrastructure Development Plan 2016 – 2025 Outline
2. National Infrastructure Development Plan 2016 – 2025
3. Chuuk State Infrastructure Development Plan 2016 – 2025
4. Kosrae State Infrastructure Development Plan 2016 – 2025
5. Pohnpei State Infrastructure Development Plan 2016 – 2025
6. Yap State Infrastructure Development Plan 2016 – 2025
This dataset contains the gap analysis & spatial prioritization reports for the 4 States of the FSM, which includes:
1) Pohnpei State's Protected Area Network,
2) Chuuk State's Protected Area Network,
3) Yap State's Protected Area Network, and
4) Kosrae State's Protected Area Network.
The reports also include spatial prioritization analyses to identify priority areas to expand the existing network to fill representation gaps for each of the states.
FSM Protected Areas (PA) data from the World Database on Protected Areas (WDPA), downloaded August 2019. This dataset includes both tables and spatial data.
The FSM SoE Report reveals the current state of knowledge about the environment in FSM along the following thematic areas: atmosphere and climate, water, land, marine, biodiversity, built environment, and culture and heritage.
This dataset contains 2 documents; 1) FSM SWARS 2010-2015+, and 2) FSM FAP 2020-2030. Both documents identify FSM's highest priorities for forest resource management and outlines activities for implementation as established by the National and State governments, resource management entities and other stakeholders. The plan includes a comprehensive analysis of progress to date and a needs assessment for the period of the plan. It was developed by the FSM and state partners with funding from the US Department of Agriculture Forest Services (USFS) for each respective reporting period.
This dataset provides the timeline of major natural disasters that have affected islands in the FSM, compiled by Whitney Hoot and Danko Taborosi of Island Research & Education Initiative (iREi), from the year 1775 to 2012.
The regional Inform project held a meeting to review progress towards building national and regional capacity to improve environmental decision-making through strengthening planning and reporting in the Pacific. The Inform project is mid-way through implementation and is taking stock of results achieved and hearing back from the countries of the progress in the new tools and processes being developed by the project to address the on-going challenge of compiling high quality data on the environment and making best use of it.
Concise environmental legislative reviews of Pacific Island countries plus Tokelau. **Please submit new information or corrections as the reviews will be updated annually.**