This dataset contains the gap analysis & spatial prioritization reports for the 4 States of the FSM, which includes:
1) Pohnpei State's Protected Area Network,
2) Chuuk State's Protected Area Network,
3) Yap State's Protected Area Network, and
4) Kosrae State's Protected Area Network.
The reports also include spatial prioritization analyses to identify priority areas to expand the existing network to fill representation gaps for each of the states.
This is a continuation of the survey of islands in Micronesia for invasive plant species requested by the Pacific Islands Committee, Council of Western State Foresters in the year 2000. Information herein are valid for reporting and reference.
The objectives, as with the previous survey, were three-fold:
(1) To identify plant species on the islands that are presently causing problems to natural and semi-natural ecosystems;
Another Joint Force from Chuuk EPA and Department of Public Works starting to collect junk cars scattered beside the main and secondary road on Weno Island. Removal of junk cars are those abandoned vehicles lying within the 38 feet right of way easment of a public (main) and secondary road. Photos taken at Marina Dumpsite as is it temporarily being used as a storage site.