A training report (2012) for a training that was intended to provide a platform where local participants can discuss, learn and share good practices about climate change, its effects, adaptations methods and the roles of participants in climate change awareness, education, communication and public access to information.
Considering the concerns of climate change and its impacts on coastal fisheries resources, SPC implemented the ‘Monitoring the Vulnerability and Adaptation of Coastal Fisheries to Climate Change’ project with funding assistance from the Australian Government’s International Climate Change Adaptation Initiative (ICCAI).
This dataset contains the following Action Plans:
1. FSM National and States Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (NBSAP 2002),
2. FSM National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (FSM NBSAP 2018-2023)
3. Pohnpei Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (Pohnpei BSAP 2018)
4. Kosrae Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (Kosrae BSAP 2018)
5. Chuuk Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (Chuuk BSAP 2018)
6. Yap Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (Yap BSAP 2018)
This IDP comes in six Volumes:
1. FSM Infrastructure Development Plan 2016 – 2025 Outline
2. National Infrastructure Development Plan 2016 – 2025
3. Chuuk State Infrastructure Development Plan 2016 – 2025
4. Kosrae State Infrastructure Development Plan 2016 – 2025
5. Pohnpei State Infrastructure Development Plan 2016 – 2025
6. Yap State Infrastructure Development Plan 2016 – 2025
PACC Project implements long -term adaptation measures to increase the resilience of a number of key development sectors in Pacific Island Countries to the impacts of climate change. This pamphlet details information about this project in Kiribati.
Press release regarding the iNFORM Data Portal Project and Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) National Implementation Plan (NIP) trainings held in Yap State from June 10-11, 2019, facilitated by FSM Department of Environment, Climate Change, and Emergency Management (DECEM).
FSM States Inform data portal training presentations
Coconut for Life (C4L) is an initiative by FSM Vital Energy (Vital), supported by Micronesia Conservation Trust (MCT) to rehabilitate the copra industry to support Vital and MCT's commitment to improve the livelihoods of the people of Micronesia. The project enhances the capacity for the buying, selling, exporting, manufacturing, processing, and distribution of copra and other products from coconut trees in the FSM. New community-based revenue streams are created for the people as opportunities become available for farmers to market coconuts.
This dataset contains the gap analysis & spatial prioritization reports for the 4 States of the FSM, which includes:
1) Pohnpei State's Protected Area Network,
2) Chuuk State's Protected Area Network,
3) Yap State's Protected Area Network, and
4) Kosrae State's Protected Area Network.
The reports also include spatial prioritization analyses to identify priority areas to expand the existing network to fill representation gaps for each of the states.
The FSM SoE Report reveals the current state of knowledge about the environment in FSM along the following thematic areas: atmosphere and climate, water, land, marine, biodiversity, built environment, and culture and heritage.